Hi, I have a question similar to the one asked by Avantika Mathur.
I have two PMs, one with 2 levels and the other with 5 .
I would like to plot the effect of each PMs (on each level) at the group level for specific ROIs...

Based on your response, Donald, it seems that obtaining a final plot with the modulatory contribution of each level of the PM on a task regressor isn't feasible...What is exactly plotted in spm "parametric response" plot?
Is there a correct way to obtain an estimate of a PM for all the sessions of each subject and to average them across participants?

Thanks in advance.

Plotting the BOLD response (Y) against a PM modulator isn't really feasible. You have 24 values of the PM and many more time points per block as well as time points not associated with the task. The con_ value represents the slope of the PM.

If you want a plot of the PM regressor versus the BOLD signal across all time points irrespective of whether the task is present or not, you could could residualize the voxel values for all columns in the design matrix, except for the PM regressor. You could then residualize the PM regressor for all columns in the design matrix except for the PM regressor. Then plot the residualized values. This would produce what the GLM analyzed.

The easiest way to do this would be to load the data and the design matrix into a standard statistical package and residualize the values. If you are good in matlab, you could script it matlab as well.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School