Hi there,

I'm running a batch for pre-processing fMRI images using SPM12. Each time I do so I get the following warning messages at the coregister stage.

Warning: Too many optimisation iterations

> In spm_powell at 46

  In spm_coreg at 149

  In spm_run_coreg at 22

  In matlabbatch\private\cfg_run_cm at 29

  In cfg_util>local_runcj at 1673

  In cfg_util at 953

  In cfg_ui>MenuFileRun_Callback at 707

  In gui_mainfcn at 96

  In cfg_ui at 53

I then either get errors and the batch stops, or it continues but it doesn't produce any segmented or smoothed images.

I have tried it on two different laptops with different versions of Matlab (2015, 2014, 2010) and even with SPM8, but the problem persists. However, it does work on my colleague's computers with Matlab 2010 and SPM12 or SPM8.

The only possible difference between the two I can think of is that my versions of Matlab has an academic licence, whereas his is a individually paid for version. However, I don't actually know if there are any differences between these licences.

I would really really appreciate any guidance on this problem, this issue has been holding me up for weeks!

Many thanks,

Jonathan Jones

Psychology PhD Candidate

University of Exeter