From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Veronica Y
Sent: 27 May 2015 23:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] MEG SPM12 Beamformer Issue

Dear Vladimir and SPM users,

I am using the beamformer (EBB) provided by SPM12 as a source reconstruction method for my MEG results (sliding time window of 50ms from 100-600 post-stimulus onset).

I am getting a strong, widespread, and long-lasting (from 100-600ms after stimulus presentation) activation (pcorr < 0.05) centred in the thalamus (see attached), which makes me think that beamforming is failing (spurious activation).

However, for each individual source reconstruction, the variance explained is >85%, and the log evidence ranges from -9000 to -12000. Are these values expected in case of beamformer failure? If not, does anyone have any ideas what might be the issue?

Thank you very much for your help,
Veronica