Von: Research Data Management discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Benedikt Fecher
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Mai 2015 12:09
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Using social media for research data repositories

Dear colleagues,

we are currently setting up a data repository for research data from the social sciences and economics. The repository is aimed at institutes – but also individual researchers – as a secure and easy way to store data and make it citable.

We are discussing ways to integrate social media into the repository; for example to interact with potential users about new datasets, to foster researcher collaboration and to inform about relevant news regarding the repository.

I was wondering if you know of best practice examples for the successful integration of social media in data repositories?

I am also happy with any idea about how social media can benefit data reuse; or perhaps why this is not such a good idea after all.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Benedikt Fecher

--

Benedikt Fecher
Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft gGmbH

Oberwallstraße 9 · 10099 Berlin
T +49 30 20 93-3490 · F +49 30 20 93-3435 ·  www.hiig.de<http://www.hiig.de>

[http://www.hiig.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/hiig-logo-200.png]·

DIW Berlin