Sent: 29 May 2015 16:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: SharePoint Online

Alison – great question and one I was going to raise, all part of the “but who actually DOES all this work” query.  What you describe below is pretty much exactly the process we follow with time-expired paper records in our records store, which I manage.  It works very well with just one person co-ordinating twice-yearly negotiations with the several hundred information owners and me (and of course the Archivist) with the final say if they won’t make a decision.

And here’s the rub – there is no-one (and I mean literally no-one) doing anything similar with our electronic records, whether they be in SharePoint or a shared drive.

We currently have c.2,500 shared drives and c.300 SharePoint sites, none of which have any records management.  Should we bung everything in a records centre when sites get full and put me or a clone of me in charge of the disposal?  What do other people do?

Clare

Clare Cowling | Information and Records Manager

Information Governance | General Counsel | Transport for London

Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0TL

T: External 020 30540202 Internal 80202 | M: 07545 200429 | E: [log in to unmask]