Dear Martin,

The fact that you have to inform your students of your mature awareness of humility is an illustration of the "arrogance" problem and the "innate skill" problem that I was raising. Students come with the arrogance/innate skill presumptions. The magic persists.

My writings students presume they do what I do because they can speak and read and write. They show no understanding of my 50 years of humble learning how to write/think/theorise. Mostly they just deny the difference. Writing is anything but magic. It's mostly mundane.

Cheers

Keith