The localization is an area that has not been given much attention by the
non western countries. I came across a writing " A case against the
modernist regime in design education" by by Jan MICHL of Oslo School of
Architecture and Design .
ABSTRACT
The article argues that the present dominance of the modernist design
idiom, and the general aesthetic inferiority of existing non-modernist
stylistic alternatives, is a consequence of the fact that design schools
have for decades banished non-modernist visual idioms from their
curriculum. The author discusses original arguments for the single-style
modernist regime of contemporary design schools, and contends that the
modernist vision of a single unified style, which prompted the banishment,
was rooted in a conservative, backward-looking effort to imitate the
aesthetic unity of pre-industrial, feudal epochs. Against the received view
of modernism as an expression of modernity, the author argues that
modernists were on the contrary geared to suppressing the key novel feature
of the modern time: its pluralism in general and its aesthetic diversity in
particular. It is further asserted that the design philosophy behind the
modernist regime was largely self-serving, aimed at securing the modernists
an educational and aesthetic monopoly. The author pleads for transforming
the modernist design education into a modern one, where pluralism of
aesthetic idioms and positions replaces the current one-style-fits-all
approach.

http://www.janmichl.com/eng.apartheid.html

 Barbara Predan had posted about a symposium on  international symposium on
(alternative) pedagogical practices which also looks for other ways. Design
Education: international symposium in Ljubljana

Another important exploration is by   Walter D. Mignolo who is an Argentine
semiotician and professor at Duke University published the book "Local
Histories/Global Designs: Coloniality, Subaltern Knowledges, and Border
Thinking (Princeton Studies in Culture/Power/History)"

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/6736.html

Jinan,

'DIGITAL MEDIUM IS A TOOL.DIGITALLY  MEDIATED KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS THE BEING'

http://sadhanavillageschool.org/
https://www.youtube.com/user/sadhanavillagepune
https://www.youtube.com/user/jinansvideos
www.re-cognition.org