From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rita Ogden
Sent: 21 May 2015 11:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Student pre-placement screening

Hi,
Can I please ask my colleagues who work in OH in the education sector what their opinions are regarding the pre-placement screening of students embarking on courses where they will be going into placement and dealing with elderly and/or vulnerable adults and children? We have been doing this in my workplace for many years but there has been a recent development whereby the college area previously responsible for printing (and paying for) the forms are no longer going to do this.
My questions are:-
Should the responsibility of the student's health in relation to placement be shouldered by the in-house placements team in conjunction with the placement provider?
Or should Student Disability and Support Services (again in-house) liaise with the student and the placement provider.....in which case is there a real need for OH to be involved?
I know this may be quite controversial but I am going to a meeting at lunchtime to try and find a way forward. Any help would be gratefully received!
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Rita
Rita Ogden