Each size of JCB has it's own "operators licence" and that is H&S / training responsibility. We would just need similar to a FLT medical. Non of them need a HGV to operate them . ( Son on law teaches Operator training for JCB).
Irene

From: Carr Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] JCB Driver Medical

Hi..it would usually be to group 2 standards same as HGV etc. They need to be very clear in their policy that OH assessment is for occupational fitness to drive purposes taking into account work demands and DVLA only counts for fitness to hold a licence so management will.have final decision taking into account OH findings ...will save a lot of grief in future.

Regards
Carr