*Apologies for cross-posting*

Knowledge Exchange and Impact Manager (full-time, fixed-term for 12 months)

Starting salary from £38,511 to £45,954 pro-rata per annum with further progression opportunities to £50,200

Ref: UET108

Link: http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/jobs/vacancies/non-academic/advert/uet108.html

We are looking for a credible, enthusiastic and creative Knowledge Exchange and Impact Manager to lead the central KE and Impact Team in the Research and Knowledge Exchange Office. You will be responsible for ensuring working across the University to deepen and expand the University's engagement with external partners through a diverse range of engagement mechanisms. You will lead the University's public engagement with research agenda, including directing the annual BU Festival of Learning in 2016. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for maximising the profile of BU's research and accelerating its impact. You will be involved in University-wide projects, such as the impact part of the next REF.

This is an exciting and varied position. You will have an expert understanding of the research environment, particularly in relation to impact and public engagement. You will have experience of staff and resource management, project management and identifying, brokering and managing relationships with staff and external partners. You will be a confident networker and possess excellent interpersonal skills.

Bournemouth University is a vibrant and international organisation and core to our vision is the growth and development of our research and knowledge exchange activity. The University is ranked 54th in the UK (Complete University Guide) and our research had one of the largest increases in ranking in the REF 2014 in terms of quality and size. The Research and Knowledge Exchange Office (RKEO) is a centralised office supporting all four faculties at Bournemouth University. RKEO was reorganised in 2014 into three functional teams - funding development, project delivery, and knowledge exchange and impact. We are a dynamic and lively department, offer a flexible work environment and invest in the development of our staff. RKEO has been shortlisted for a THELMA award and our initiatives have won two Heist awards. This is an opportunity to join the RKEO executive team, lead one of the functional teams and contribute to the development of RKEO and the future success of Bournemouth University.

A detailed job description and person specification are available from our website together with an online application form (http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/jobs/vacancies/non-academic/advert/uet108.html).

Closing date: Monday 25 May 2015 (midnight)

Interview date: Monday 8 or Tuesday 9 June 2015

For an informal discussion about the post please contact Julie Northam by telephone on (01202) 961208 or by email on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Dr Rebecca Edwards
Knowledge Exchange and Impact Manager
Research and Knowledge Exchange Office (RKEO), Bournemouth University
4th Floor, Melbury House, 1-3 Oxford Rd, Bournemouth, BH8 8ES, Ext: 61538/01202 961538
BU Research<http://research.bournemouth.ac.uk/> - BU Research Blog<http://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/> - BU Business Services<https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/collaborate/services-business> - BU Festival of Learning<http://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/festival-of-learning/>

BU is a Disability Two Ticks Employer and has signed up to the Mindful Employer charter. Information about the accessibility of University buildings can be found on the BU DisabledGo webpages This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.