Thanks for that Geoff. What a memory you have!

Alex

We only have one specimen of Carpocoris purpureipennis De Geer in the Douglas and Scott collection – later acquired by P.B.Mason.

The specimen is labelled ‘Leghorn’ and ‘Foreign’ which may refer to Livorno in Italy.

The coloured discs on the pin indicate that it originally came from Benjamin Cooke prior to John Scott.

Best wishes

Don

Don Stenhouse

Collections Access Officer (Natural Science)

Bolton Library and Museum Services

Le Mans Crescent

BOLTON BL1 1SE

Tel: 01204 338765

email: [log in to unmask]

Please note I only work part time so my reply may be delayed.

www.boltonlams.co.uk