Dear Colleagues,
I wanted to let you know that my new book is out and may be ordered from:

http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9781462520350/

It describes coercive control, a form of interpersonal violence that may soon be criminalized in the UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11244275/New-domestic-violence-law-will-outlaw-coercive-control.html

As someone who has dedicated my career to cultural issues in child maltreatment and violence against women, I have handled the inevitable cultural tensions in the best way I know how. I am eager to hear what you think.

The book offers victims/survivors an instrument to assess their relationships, suggestions for safety, and ideas for recovery. This book is suitable both for people who are being victimized and for people who work with them. It has ample and diverse case vignettes as well as practical suggestions.

Please let me know what you think of it!

Lisa Fontes, PhD.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

AUTHOR: Interviewing Clients Across Cultures: A Practitioner's Guide
and
Child Abuse and Culture: Working with Diverse Families