Thanks. Most of the examples of which I'm aware don't seem to have been worn. So this was useful (esp. Biddle, despite his gaffe in treating _eulogia_ as a plural). I'm a little perplexed by Colin Morris on Gregory of Tours. The bit on earth from the tomb furnishing cures and being a prophylactic against snakebite is from _De gloria martyrum_, 6 but there's nothing there about wearing these objects. Gregory's term for them at _GM_ 6, by the way, is _turtolae_, '[little] cakes', presumably referring to their compaction from liquefied earth or rock dust, on which latter cf. the Pilgrim of Piacenza, para. 18. The Pilgrim's word for such a token is _benedictio_, i.e. Latin for Gk. _eulogia_.

The following are a couple of recent, well regarded articles having useful things to say on _eulogiai_ from the Early Byzantine period (though their scope is much broader than Jerusalem and vicinity):

Matthew J. Dal Santo, "Text, Image, and the 'Visionary Body' in Early Byzantine Hagiography: Incubation and the Rise of the Christian Image Cult", _Journal of Late Antiquity_ 4 (2011), 31-54.

Vicky Foskolou, "Blessing for Sale? On the Production and Distribution of Pilgrim Mementoes in Byzantium", _Byzantinische Zeitschrift_ 105 (2012), 53-84, esp. (for Early Byzantine) 54-66.

I haven't seen this one, but it's clearly at least broadly pertinent: Lucy O'Connor, "Christ in Majesty on a Late Antique eulogia token in the British Museum", _Convivium_ (Brepols), 1, no. 2 (2014), 74-87. Abstract at:
http://www.brepolsonline.net/doi/abs/10.1484/J.CONVI.5.103811?journalCode=convi

Best again,
John Dillon