-----Original Message-----
From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LIS-MEDICAL automatic digest system
Sent: 15 May 2015 00:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LIS-MEDICAL Digest - 13 May 2015 to 14 May 2015 (#2015-100)

Topics of the day:

  1. Marketing E- Books

  2. LQAF 5.3a - user needs analysis?

  3. Library services and facilities to non-clinical staff

  4. Ways to engage library users in giving feedback

Date:    Thu, 14 May 2015 09:12:15 +0100

From:    "Nelmes Myriam (EAST SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST)"

Subject: Marketing E- Books

Dear List,

we have recently purchased the Clinical Key package of Elsevier online books and would be interested to know how other libraries direct users who are browsing the shelves, to online books. How do you tell people who are expecting to find a book on the shelf that is is now available as an e-book?

Thank you in anticipation,

Myriam

Myriam Nelmes

Deputy Librarian

ESHT Library Services

Rosewell Library  Conquest Hospital  01424 755255 ext 8672 Health Sciences Library  EDGH 01323 417400 ext 4048

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere

Hello Natasha

I can recommend the 2009 publication 'Assessing information needs in the age of the digital consumer' by David Nicholas and Eti Herman. This book provides a framework for evaluating information needs and was recommended reading for my recent BSc Librarianship course.

Kind regards

Julie Weeks

Julie Weeks
Library Assistant
Education Centre Library
Hexham General Hospital
Corbridge Road
HEXHAM
Northumberland
NE46 1QJ
Tel: (01434) 655420
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
website: http://library.northumbria.nhs.uk/

Please note: my working days are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8.30 – 5pm