10% discount on all June workshops if booked by Friday 22nd May - Quote JUNEJISC on booking form (http://www.aslib.com/training/booking.htm)**

***   Apologies For Cross-Posting  ***

Metadata: Principles and Practice
Course Leader: David Bawden
Location: London
This course provides a practical introduction to principles and practice of metadata, using as examples the most widely-used formats.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=67
"I would highly recommend this course for a good introduction to the area and as a useful update for more experienced metadata users"
Book by Monday 18th May to secure place

Indexing: Principles and Practice
Course Leader: David Bawden
Location: London
 This course relates to all kinds of material and covers general principles of indexing, the indexing process, specific points of practice, the relations between indexing and other ways of analysing and denoting content.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=71
"I was impressed by the in depth knowledge about indexing from the speaker. David went into far more detail than I expected in terms of policy, studies etc."
Book by Monday 18th May to secure place

Social Media Governance: Achieving Best Practice
9th June 2015
Course Leader: Dion Lindsay
Location: London
Maximize impact and manage risks of corporate social media activity
Social media are important to Library and Information Services: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and in-house equivalents are changing the way users obtain, share and exploit information.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=66
"Good content - lots to take away and research further and introduce to others"

Copyright: Latest Legislative Developments
12th June 2015
Course Leader: Naomi Korn
Location: London
There have been major legislative changes recently to copyright laws that will dramatically affect how digital resources are managed and used, and therefore almost certainly impact upon the roles, responsibilities and advice given by Library and Information Professionals on a daily basis.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=48
"I was impressed by the way we explored the practical use of the changes and looked at where they would be placed in my workplace. Open and friendly environment and the course was put together in a way to keep your interest."

Learning to Manage
16th June 2015
Course Leader: Shaida Dorabjee
Location: London
Being good at a job does not automatically make some a good manager. Those new to management may lack specific knowledge or experience or feel daunted by the challenges of their new role.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=61

Customer Service Skills: a Blueprint for Customer Satisfaction
17th June 2015
Course Leader: Lisa Jeskins
Location: London
Good customer service is a core value for all information and library services.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=52
"The trainer was friendly, informative and easy to approach. Excellent day that reaffirmed existing ideas and practices whilst giving me 'food for thought'."

Practical Knowledge Management for Information Professionals
24th June 2015
Course Leader: Dion Lindsay
Location: London
Demonstrate the value of Knowledge Management in your organization and implement effective strategies
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=57
“It didn’t assume prior knowledge and gave a thorough grounding in KM.”

Copyright Policies, Dealing with Infringements and Risk Management
25th June
Course Leader: Naomi Korn
Location: London
Develop a toolkit for dealing with infringements of copyright, managing risk and developing suitable policies and procedures.
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?course_code=47
"Tutor/facilitator excellent at developing discussion and instigating debate. Very helpful ideas and tips. Groupwork very useful and focussing."

** Not to be used with any other discounts

Many of the above workshops are available as on-site and one-to-one programmes.

Keep up-to-date with news of further new courses and dates by checking the website: http://www.aslib.com/training/index.htm

Sue Hill
Product Administrator (ASLIB Training)
Business & Product Innovation | Emerald Group Publishing Limited
+44 (0) 1274 515621
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.aslib.com/training

For special offers and other important information find me on Linkedin (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sue-hill/34/376/843)