Hi Linda,

If the individual knows who they want to compare themselves with, this is easily done by plugging them all in to Benchmarking in Incites. Similarly if they want to compare themselves to the aggregate of a group, you can just create the group and view in Benchmarking as you suggest.  If they work in a clearly defined field (i.e. one of the Scopus journal categories) they can compare themselves to the Field Weighted Citation Impact for the field.  Or, finally, if they have a decent number of papers, they could just look at their FWCI in overview to see whether their papers are outperforming the average for their field and publication year. (A FWCI of over 1 being above average).

Hope that helps?!
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPad