From: Repositories discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Rowlands, Ian (Dr.) [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Possible to identify Gold OA articles uniquely?

Hi Jonathan

It’s an important question.  I understand that the Web of Science team is working on this issue and hopefully they will at some point in the future be able to identify Gold papers in hybrid journals.  WoS papers in open access only journals are easily identified because they recently added an open access filter (bottom left).

I don’t know of any way to identify Gold hybrid papers and suspect we are not there yet until publishers provide this as a standard metadata item.  I hope I’m wrong and that someone out there has cracked this?

Ian

Dr Ian Rowlands
Research Services Manager & University Bibliometrician
David Wilson Library
University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester LE1 7RH