Please forgive the naivety of this question, but:

-- Is there a way to identify individual articles as having been published under a Gold OA route with an APC fee paid?

I know there are tools to identify journal titles as either pure Gold or hybrid type (publisher supports Green with Gold option if APC paid), but what about an individual output?

I’ve been asked this question to try to quantify existing researcher Gold OA publishing behaviour that may have happened “below the radar”, i.e. where an APC cost has been paid but possibly author self-funded (etc) without the APC charge becoming visible in an institutional finance system.  At present we don’t have an OA - IR yet in place so there’s currently no local opportunity to capture this activity; later this year we’ll have the full IR capacity and workflow.

Rather than have to survey our researchers individually, we’d like to independently assess any Gold OA activity they may have made.

I don’t see in citation and full-text journal databases the option of a field or filter to find an article as published under Gold OA.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Kind regards

Jonathan Eaton

Jonathan Eaton | Senior Content & Systems Manager | IT-Library

London Business School | Regent's Park | London NW1 4SA | United Kingdom
Direct line +44 (0)20 7000 7636 | Email [log in to unmask]

www.london.edu | London experience. World impact.

cid:image003.jpg@01CFCE70.ED037700