The Modern Records Centre at the University of Warwick has now acquired the papers of Lord Bill Wedderburn and we are currently putting together a bid for a cataloguing grant to make these papers available for research. The Wedderburn papers will overlap with and enhance several of the largest and most heavily used collections held at the MRC. Sitting alongside the extensive papers of the Trades Union Congress, Confederation of British Industry and Engineering Employers’ Federation as well as most of the national trade unions’ archives, the Wedderburn papers provide an essential foundation for the study of labour and industrial relations in the late 20th century.

I am looking for statements of support and evidence of demand for access to this extensive (almost 100 boxes) and very rich collection of papers.  The collection will be invaluable for any research into the turbulent period of the 1970s and 1980s and I would hope that members of BUIRA and in particular the PhD Network would be interested in accessing this collection.

I wonder if I could ask you for a statement of support? I am happy to send further details about the collection if required.

I would be most grateful for any help you could provide.

Many thanks

Helen

Helen Ford

Archive Manager

Modern Records Centre

The University of Warwick

Coventry CV4 7AL

Tel. 024 7652 4494

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/library/mrc/

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.

This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.