Apologies for cross-posting. Happy Friday.
ILIG extends an open invite to join us at our next informal on 10th June when we will be joined by Virginia Hamwela, recipient of the 2014 HLG/ILIG/Phi International Award (more information here: http://tinyurl.com/meqcqxa).
Title : Experience of Pioneering the Copperbelt University Medical Library, Zambia
Location : CILIP, 7 Ridgmount Street, London
Time : 18.00 – 19.45
Virginia Hamwela will be talking to us about her role in establishing a medical library in Zambia. She will also be discussing her international experiences - particularly her involvement in the World Health Organisation's Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative (HINARI - http://www.who.int/hinari/en/) and its efforts to achieve Open Access to research on a global scale.
Virginia won a Chevening Scholarship for an MA in Librarianship which she is currently completing at the University of Sheffield. We look forward to hearing her take on what it is like to study here in the UK!
ILIG Informals are not lectures; they are informal, but informative, early evening meetings with a short talk on a theme of international interest plus plenty of time for questions and networking. They are open to all and absolutely free! Light refreshments (nibbles and wine) are served which is why we ask you to let ILIG know you are coming by booking online at http://tinyurl.com/ljj3svl.
Directions to CILIP: http://www.cilip.org.uk/contact-us/pages/map.aspx
Web: http://www.cilip.org.uk/ilig/
Twitter: @CILIP_ILIG
Facebook: International Library and Information Group
ILIG YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CILIPILIG<http://www.youtube.com/user/CILIPILIG>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/CILIPILIG>

Thank you for your co-operation.