So, a long known problem.
How is the behemoth today?
Nhs net I mean.

On Sun, 24 May 2015 11:54 Trefor Roscoe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I was in the audience and working for DNUK so it must have been 2000

Tref

From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adrian Midgley
Sent: 23 May 2015 22:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ken Holton

In 2001 IIRC I set up the first of 3 annual clinical computing conferences, in Exeter.

To the first the IT Chief from Rolls Royce, an aeroengine etc company, came and told the story of early days on the company worldwide network, when someone bobbled it with an all points email, and others replied in droves to it - replying to all ...

I suspect out of office receipts are worse than useless - a live presence indicator is one thing, but pointless traffic...

Anyway, around Exeter, people were told, 14 years or so ago.