*Apologies for cross-posting*

The School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences offer a suite of GIS courses suitable for all levels.  Starting off with an Introduction to GIS using ArcGIS, beginners will be taken through the key elements of a GIS and leave with the ability to independently tackle real world spatial problems within your academic/corporate environment.

Following on from the Introduction is our Intermediate course which is more advanced, equipping you with the additional knowledge to be able to use many of the extensions available within a GIS and enable you to use some of the more advanced features of GIS Software.

For those who would like to analysis data then why not attend our 1 day course in Spatial Analysis using ArcGIS, here you will be introduced to methods used by a modern GIS, starting with the concepts in a non-mathematical manner, moving on to the practical application through a number of real world exercises.

For full course details and how to book your place please visit out our website:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cegs.cpd/cpd/giscourses.php

Any queries please contact the Professional Development Unit: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Professional Development Unit
Room 2.19 Drummond Building
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU
UK
tel +44 (0)191 208 5456 direct line
email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
web www.ncl.ac.uk/cegs.cpd<http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cegs.cpd>

Laura Hanson
GIS Teaching Support Officer
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Room G19, Cassie Building
Newcastle University
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU

Tel: (0191) 208 6080  |  Fax: (0191) 208 6502
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  Web: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ceg/

School Resources: http://research.ncl.ac.uk/geospatial/resources/schools/
CPD Courses: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cegs.cpd/geomatics/
Geospatial Engineering: https://research.ncl.ac.uk/geospatial/