Some interesting teaching ideas and pics of past projects amongst the blog archive posts, on working with Edward Lear’s wildlife paintings and nonsense poetry  amongst zoos and botanic gardens from 2012 onwards (Lear’s bicentenary). Enjoy!

Happy Birthday Mr. Lear!

Mark Norris, Newquay Zoo.

From: Mark Norris
Sent: 12 May 2015 09:53
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Edward Lear's 203rd birthday, pioneering zoo wildlfe artist and nonsense botany

A small follow up to the Edward Lear 200 bicentenary work amongst zoos and botanic gardens in May 12th 2012:

https://teachingnonsenseinschools.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/happy-203rd-birthday-mr-lear-its-international-owl-and-pussycat-day-again/

Lots of teaching ideas for literacy projects, etc on previous blogpost archive. Enjoy!

International Owl and Pussycat Day 2015, Happy Birthday Mr Lear!

Mark Norris,

Education Manager

Newquay Zoo

Trenance Gardens

Newquay

Cornwall

TR7 2LZ

Telephone: 01637 873342

Fax: 01637 873518

www.newquayzoo.org.uk

Newquay Zoo Environmental Park is a registered charity. Registered office: Paignton Zoo Environmental Park, Totnes Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7EU.  Registration number 792877. Registered charity number 300923. Place of incorporation: Companies House, Cardiff.

Disclaimer: The information contained herein is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any attachments to this message have been checked for viruses but please rely on your own virus checker and procedures. If you contact me by email, please be aware that I may store your details in order to facilitate communication.