Hi thanks a lot. I tried the stage 1of dual-regression. It helped a lot to get better insight of the data, although I am not sure if this is what has been mentioned in the appendix of the Linked ICA 2012 paper "Benefits of multi-modal fusion analysis on a large-scale dataset: life-span patterns of inter-subject variability in cortical morphometry and white matter microstructure".

Bests
Shahrzad

From: Christian F. Beckmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [FSL] flica.......separate contributions of different modalities?

Hi

Not trivially, though you could use something similar to dual-regression against individual modality data and then check the first0stage DR output.

hth
Christian

On 13 May 2015, at 09:54, shahrzad kharabian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Group, Since I received no answer to my previous question, I  will resend it and describe in more detail what I need.

My question:
Linked ICA provides a subject course which is shared among the modalities and a modality-specific spatial map for each component.
I am wondering if, it is possible to get subjects-courses of each modality for each component separately, as well?
So, by this I mean if it would be possible to separate the contributions from each modality to have for each modality slightly different estimate of the particular subject course? (as it is written in Groves 2012 paper?)
I need this since I have some components that show for example increased area (freesurfer) and at the same time decreased subcortical volume (VBM). In order to be able to interpret correlation of the subject course of this component with a subject variable (e.g. age), I am a bit lost which of the modalities are deriving the association.
Do you have some idea how one can access the subject-courses per modality? I appreciate any help on this issue.
thanks a lot,
shahrzad