From: "Raphael F.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015 10:21 AM
To: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] TBSS - FOV angulation

Thank you, Michael!

Just to understand it better:

In dcm2nii, Help->Preferences, there is the checkbox 'Reorient large images to the nearest orthogonal plane'. And it says that it will not have any effect on DTI images to avoid 'disrupting interpretation of the principle vectors'.
Does this mean that I can either check or uncheck this box, and this will not affect the DTI?

"If your acquisition was angled, then yes, you want to account for that in the bvecs if using 'dtifit'"
Does it mean that bvec file will be corrected after transformation so that I don't need to worry with converted DTI images, i.e., that I can just input these images into dtifit? O should I expect dtifit to perform that correction (The later is what I understood from the quotation above).

Hi,

If you are using the default settings, then yes, 'dcm2nii' should correct the bvecs for the slice angulation.  If you pay attention to the output to the terminal (if using command line 'dcm2nii') you can confirm that this is indeed the case.

If your acquisition was angled, then yes, you want to account for that in the bvecs if using 'dtifit'.

cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.
Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders