We have a DWP officer requesting personal data under section 29 (3).

I’ve asked for more detail to confirm why the information they’ve requested is necessary in line with their investigations so that I can make a decision to disclose.

They’ve refused and copied a DWP warrant card which they say entitles them to the information without further detail. The card states that the officer has been authorised for the purposes of section 109A of the social security administration act 1992 to obtain information from the people mentioned in 109B(2).

I’m about to look up these sections of that act as I’m not familiar with them but has anyone come across this before. Do I just have to give them anything they want?

Sounds suspect to me!

Kind regards

Catherine

. . . . . . . . . . .

Catherine Hanley

Acting Information Governance Manager

Town Hall

Middlesbrough

PO Box 503

TS1 9FX

01642 729686

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of
Middlesbrough Council. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Middlesbrough Council does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged, and are solely for the
use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone
and notify the sender at the above address. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted, in reliance on the contents, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Middlesbrough Council's computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective
operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Save energy, money and the environment - is it really necessary to print this message?

 ** This email has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]