yes, at lowish resolution considering potential H-bonds is often the only way to orient the His, but also Asn and Gln side-chains correctly.
Molprobity (http://molprobity.biochem.duke.edu/) and other programs also check this for you, suggesting side-chain "flips" where necessary or advised. And Coot has a special "side-chain 180º flip" function" for you to flip them easily.
At higher resolution you can look at the refined B-factors, if the more electron-rich atoms (N in His, O in Asn/Gln) have a much higher B than the less electron-rich ones (C in His, N in Asn/Gln), this can also mean the side-chain needs flipping.
At even higher solution you may see difference density in wrongly oriented His/Asn/Gln side-chains.

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
c/Darwin 3