a third way to use the information would be to reclone the part before and/or after the protease cleavage site, i.e. you may have identified (a) stable domain(s) that may crystallize much better than the full-length protein.

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
c/Darwin 3