​Open positions in the laboratory of Lari Lehtiö at the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine and Biocenter Oulu,University of Oulu, Finland.

The research group focuses on structure, function and inhibition of ADP-ribosyltransferases (ARTDs/PARPs). We use protein X-ray crystallography, activity assays and complementing biophysical techniques to understand how the signaling enzymes work. We also use screening of compound libraries and structure-based design of specific inhibitors for the enzymes to be used as chemical probes as well as drug leads.

More information of our research is available on the web pages (http://www.oulu.fi/biocenter/groups/lehtio).

Postdoctoral researchers

We have 2 positions for postdoctoral researchers. One position is available immediately until 31.12.2016 with possible extension depending on funding. Second positions is for 1.9.2015 until 31.8.2018 with possible extension depending on funding.

We are looking for researchers holding a doctoral degree or soon to receive one and having interest in structural biology and drug discovery. Work includes cloning, expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins as well as structural studies using X-ray crystallography and small-angle X-ray scattering. Experience in protein characterization, medicinal chemistry or structural biology is considered beneficial.

The salary will be based on the demand level 5 of the salary system in Finnish Universities and includes a component based on personal performance.

The application should include 2 pdf files 1) a motivation letter (1 page) describing prior knowledge and interests 2) a complete CV containing contact information of two references.

Application should be sent to Lari Lehtiö by email (lari.lehtio(at)oulu.fi) with a subject line “Application for a Postdoctoral position”. First position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. For the second position the applications are accepted until 14.6.2015.

PhD student

A position is available for a PhD student with funding currently available for three years. Position is available immediately and it will contain a trial period.

We are looking for a student holding a MSc degree and with interest in structural biology and drug discovery. Work includes cloning, expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins as well as structural studies using X-ray crystallography. The aim of the project is to develop selective inhibitors for human mono ADP-ribosyltransferases.

The salary will be based on the demand levels 2-4 of the salary system in Finnish Universities and includes a component based on personal performance.

The application should include 2 pdf files 1) a motivation letter (1 page) describing prior knowledge and interests 2) a complete CV containing contact information of two references.

Application should be sent to Lari Lehtiö by email (lari.lehtio(at)oulu.fi) with a subject line “Application for a PhD position”. Applications are accepted until 14.6.2015.

Best regards,

Lari

Lari Lehtiö, PhD, Docent/Adjunct Professor
Biocenter Oulu
Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
P.O.Box 5400
FIN-90014 University of Oulu
Finland
http://cc.oulu.fi/~llehtio/