What are the most likely modifications of a CYS residue? I am attaching
images of a couple of residues in my current structure. Blue is 2Fo-Fc,
Green is Fo-Fc positive difference, purple is model-phased anomalous
differences at 3 sigma, data from 1.70 A source.

I am guessing about 3 non-H atoms, probably one of them with anomalous
scattering.
Not all CYS in the structure are thus modified, only these two, but they
show up consistently in 4 noncrystallographic copies.

TIA,

All Things Serve the Beam
                                David J. Schuller
                                modern man in a post-modern world