Network Email

Call for Art Gallery & Art Papers Submissions! Deadlines Fast Approaching!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 27 May 2015, 23:59 UTC/GMT

 “LIFE ON EARTH?”

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. (...) There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

The SIGGRAPH Asia 2015 Art Gallery proposes the concept of “Life on Earth?” to explore the intersections of art and life, as well as the cosmos between. “Life on Earth?” experiments with and reimagines the concept of life on Earth. There is no doubt that life exists on Earth. But what kind of life will it be, and which of those lives will art can impact? The exhibition questions how art can constitute a daily condition of life. Can art improve current conditions on Earth, and if so, extend human experience beyond the horizon?

The Art Gallery will present artworks that reflect the current transformations and shifting paradigms throughout Asia. We welcome proposals of creative works that not only empower or critique digital technologies, but also those that utilize technology and digital media to augment the human experience. The exhibition, associated talks and discussions will engage with contemporary societal issues to stimulate broader conversation in the public sphere.

http://sa2015.siggraph.org/en/submitters/art-gallery.html