Heterodox Economics Newsletter

Issue 180 May 11, 2015 web pdf Heterodox Economics Directory

Within the past few weeks we have been working to improve the journal-coverage of the Heterodox Economics Newsletter by employing a more systematic and inclusive list of journals generally included in the Newsletter. Most of the relevant information for doing so is accrued by automated email-Alerts provided by the journals' publishers. So if you want us to include your favorite journal simply make a suggestion and we will try to expand our list of journal-subscriptions.

While I hope this change will further improve the scope and usefulness of the Newsletter, recycling Table of Contents - Alerts for academic journals is still an ambivalent experience: on the hand I strongly believe that a more inclusive collection of heterodox journals presented in the Newsletter is a considerable asset, since it allows to quickly review current advances in various areas of heterodox research. On the other hand, doing so means to promote the products of academic publishers, which often play a rather dubious role in science: For-profit publishers in academia generate high profits due to collusion and the exercise of market power vis-a-vis single agents as well as institutional subscribers in a highly concentrated market, although most inputs (such as authoring and reviewing papers) are provided to the publishers for free by the academic community (see here for short introduction to this important issue and here for some additional information).

Keeping this qualification in mind, I hope you will appreciate this expansion of our services!

All the Best,

Jakob

© public domain

Table of contents