We’re delighted that Nick Kingsley will be joining us to share his thoughts on the changes and learnings from a life in archives for our next seminar on 4 June 2015.
This seminar is brought to you jointly by Archives for London and Archives & Records Association London Region.

Everyone is welcome (free for AfL & ARA members) and we look forward to seeing you there.

_ _ _

Reflections of a life in archives

In conversation with Nick Kingsley - archivist, historian and prosopographer

After training as an archivist at the Bodleian Library, Nick Kingsley spent 25 years in local government archives before four years as Chair of the National Council on Archives led him to his role as Head of Archives Sector Development at The National Archives. Nick retires from TNA in May 2015 to concentrate on his landed families research and blog.

Geoff Pick, Director of London Metropolitan Archives, will join Nick in conversation, delving into key moments in the UK archive sector’s history. They will reflect on the changes that Nick has seen for both custodians and users of archives, the constants that remain and what this might mean for the future.

Thursday 4 June 2015, 6:00pm (doors 5:30pm) - 7:30pm at London Metropolitan Archives - Huntley Room

40 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HB

Advance booking is essential. Please book your place through Eventbrite http://tinyurl.com/AfLmeetsNickKingsley

or by contacting Jeff Gerhardt 020 7332 3879.

This seminar is free to all AfL and ARA members, non-members £6. Refreshments provided.

SEE www.archivesforlondon.org for details of all seminars, behind the scenes visits and joining AfL

JOIN US www.twitter.com/archives4london #AfLseminar

LIKE US www.facebook.com/archives4london

_ _ _

Archives for London
The independent voice for archives in the Capital - www.archivesforlondon.org

Join us! – www.archivesforlondon.org/membership

Registered office 40 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HB
Co No 5635424 Registered in England & Wales