Hi there,

I am looking for papers which define social bonds and how they are formed, and debate the meaning of the term 'social process'. These are basic concepts with varied definitions in sociology but as a late comer to anthropology, I was wondering if I am missing a great literature in anthropology?
Sorry for the apparent basicness of this question - but was wondering if anyone could help? I'm assuming 'social bonds' might sit on the interface between biological and socio-cultural anthropology. These seem to be terms which are regularly used but rarely defined in detail. I may be missing something here.

Thanks very much indeed.
best wishes,
Cathy

Dr Cathy Baldwin, [log in to unmask]
Post Doctoral Associate,
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford
http://www.anthro.ox.ac.uk/about-us/affiliates-emeriti-research-fellows/dr-cathy-baldwin/

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*