Assistant Professor in Computer Science

Reference SCI41814
Closing Date Wednesday, 15th July 2015
Job Type Research & Teaching
Department Computer Science
Salary£34233 to £45954 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.

Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science.  The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and research within the School. Candidates must hold a PhD in a relevant subject; have an excellent publication record and the ability to teach at undergraduate level.  It is desirable that candidates have the ability to teach at postgraduate level, and an interest in broadening multi-disciplinary collaboration across diverse academic disciplines. We would expect that candidates’ research interest would fit with one of our research groups or in the area of Data Science.

The School of Computer Science was ranked in the top 10 UK Computer Science departments in REF 2014 and was voted “Best School” in the University in 2014 and 2015 by our students. We offer a friendly, modern working environment providing state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and research. Our undergraduate courses are BCS accredited and compliant with the latest curriculum recommendations from ACM and IEEE.  Our world-leading research tackles difficult real-world problems that often have high impact on industry, commerce and the public and we are particularly proud that we were rated second in the country for Research Environment at the most recent REF.

This is full-time, permanent position.

Further information about the School of Computer Science is available at: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cs/

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Uwe Aickelin (Head of School) email: [log in to unmask]  Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.

Apply Online  http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/SCI41814

SIGNOFF allstat