From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Kay
Sent: 08 May 2015 16:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Specimen acceptance policy

Is that regardless of whether they are human-read and transcribed or machine-read eg by barcode? If so then it can't optimise the number or costs of of false-positives and false-negatives correctly.

There's a related but different point about multiple points of ID: if they come from the same source and a common error is selecting the wrong source then the number of points becomes irrelevant.

Jonathan