Best regards,
Bart

 B.E.P.B. Ballieux PhD, Clinical Biochemist Endocrinology, Department KCL, E2-P.  Leiden University Medical Centre, P.O.box 9600, 2300RC  Leiden
Tel: +3171-5262165/62278 Fax: +3171-5266753  email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Van: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens GIFFORD BATSTONE
Verzonden: zaterdag 2 mei 2015 12:32
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: What are these analytes?

Dear Collective Brain

The Pathology Catalogues Team at RCPath is reviewing the content of the PBCL. There are a few items where we can find little information re units of measurement etc - or even if they are valid items!

Your views on the following will be welcome

Urine paraprotein level

Plasma C-terminl glucagon conc

Calcitonin gene-rel peptid lev

Plasma pancreastatin level

ACTH precursor level
=POMC, proopiomelanocortine?

Plasma ACTH precursor level

Se pitu glycoprot a-subunit lv
Alpha-subunits of pituitary hormones: serum, U/L,  mostly RIA. Male < 0,8 Female < 0,9, pm Female < 1,6 (Erasmus MC Rotterdam<http://www.nvkc.nl/scripts/klinische_chemie/wdwdb/index.php?action=showdetail&id=4563>)

Serum glutamate D.H.

TRH - thyroid release. Hormone:  See  http://www.interscienceinstitute.com/index.php?book/t#17

Si if you undertake any of these tests kindly provide info on sample type and unit of measurement. If we hear nothing I guess they should be deleted!

Very many thanks

Gifford
Chair Pathology Catalogues Executive Team
Dr Gifford Batstone
MBBS, BSc, FRCPath, MSc
Tel 01962 860761
Mob 0791 285 9344
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk