ABSOLUTELY FINAL REMINDER! DEADLINE IS TODAY!

The call for papers for AEA 2015 (From Anthrosphere to Lithosphere (and back again): A Celebration of the Career and Research of Terry O’Connor) is currently open but closes on 30th April.

For those that are still wondering:

a) No, you don’t have to be a personal friend of Terry’s or even to have worked with him in the past to have a paper accepted – it just needs to be relevant to our rather broad themes.

b) This is an environmental archaeology conference, not a zooarchaeology conference. Again, if your paper is relevant to our themes we’ll consider it.

Full details can be found on the conference website but, in brief, we invite papers on the following themes, to bring together studies that further our understanding of these areas of research and so celebrate Terry’s career:

·         Taphonomic processes and assemblage formation: from the animal to the bench

·         The environmental archaeology of urban sites

·         The environmental archaeology of cave sites

·         Human–animal / animal–human relationships

·         New techniques to answer old questions

·         Directions in environmental archaeology

·         Teaching environmental archaeology

·         Environmental archaeology as field archaeology

Papers can be submitted by following the instructions on the conference website (http://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology/news-and-events/events/conferences/aea/#tab-1) before 30th April.

Lee G. Broderick, Clare Rainsford, Eva Fairnell, Carol Lang, Julie Bond and Matthew Collins.

Best regards,

Lee G. Broderick.  MSc, MA, FZS

Zooarchaeologist

www.zooarchaeology.co.uk

AEA Conference 2015: http://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology/news-and-events/events/conferences/aea/; @AEA_2015; #aeayrk

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is private and confidential. If an addressing or transmission has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer viruses. However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code not detected.