Dear SWWT members,

I assume some of you have seen the draft work programme for Space 2016-2017 of the EU that is currently defined. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to send it around as it is confidential. But space weather is underrepresented in the draft programme with NO budget at all for 2016 and only 3 M€ foreseen in the PROTEC call 2017 so far. Even though in 2017 there will also be some money for heliophysics but competing within the same call as exoplanets and the Moon(!) this is very meager.

Our NCP advised me to send a letter to Mr. Augusto Gonzalez (see preliminary version in annex), though it will probably not help much. What would be more efficient is that you all URGENTLY contact your national delegates about this. Making similar remarks from multiple member states is most likely more effective! So please, contact your NCPs soon. There is another meeting already on 13 April!

Best regards,

Stefaan

Prof.Dr. Stefaan Poedts

KU Leuven/Centrum voor mathematische Plasma-Astrofysica
Celestijnenlaan 200B - bus 2400 - office 04.36
B-3001 Leuven, Belgium

http://wis.kuleuven.be/cpa

Tel.: + 32 (16) 327023 / +32 (16) 327007 (secr.)
Fax.: +32 (16) 327998, Mobile: +32 486 948655
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://perswww.kuleuven.be/Stefaan_Poedts