Football as 'Inclusive Leisure', Wednesday 20th May 2015, Southampton Solent University: Conference Schedule Released

Football as 'Inclusive Leisure' is a one day event - hosted by Southampton Solent University in conjunction with Lawrie McMenemy Centre for Football Research<http://www.solent.ac.uk/business-community/lmcfr/home.aspx> andLeisure Studies Association<http://www.leisurestudies.org/about>. At this event scholars, educators and industry professionals will seek to understand better the usefulness of football as a vehicle for inclusion. Moving beyond a mere philosophical conversation about football as an inclusive form of leisure, this event will promote the virtues offered by a number of stakeholders by uniting through the sharing of ideas and best practice. In turn, we are delighted that Roisin Wood (Director of Kick It Out), Ben Carrington (University of Texas at Austin) and Ian McDonald (Newcastle University) will be keynote speakers.

The event is multi-disciplinary in nature, attracting papers from sociology, criminology, cultural studies, sport and community development, sports management, media studies, pedagogy and philosophy, meaning it will be of interest to many people working in football, sport and leisure, at various levels. More specifically, papers will discuss, amongst other things, cyber-crime, gender and sexuality, coaching pedagogy, immigration and digital cultures all in the context of football. I attach the schedule for your perusal.

         Click here To view schedule<https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxsZWlzdXJlc3R1ZGllczV8Z3g6MmUwZTE3MTAyZDU2NzQzYQ>

         To register please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/football-as-inclusive-leisure-a-one-day-conference-tickets-15270774297

         To see more information about the conference please visit: http://www.leisurestudies.org/other-conferences-and-events

We are also pleased to announce that in conjunction with the Lawrie McMenemy Centre for Football Research we are able to provide a stadium tour of Southampton Football Club at their Premier League St Mary's stadium immediately after the conference. The price of the tour will also include a full conference dinner which is to be hosted in the Markus Liebherr Lounge<http://halo.ec2.freexe.co.uk/room/markus-liebherr-lounge/>. Ex-Southampton manager Lawrie McMenemy will be the conference's after dinner speaker.

The deadline for booking the conference dinner is Friday 8th May 2015.

Best

Stefan

Dr. Stefan Lawrence BA (hons), MA, PhD
Senior Lecturer in Football Studies
Leisure Studies Association<http://www.leisurestudies.org/> Digital Communications Officer
Runnymede Trust<http://www.runnymedetrust.org/> Emerging Academics Forum
Lawrie McMenemy Centre for Football Research<http://www.solent.ac.uk/business-community/lmcfr/home.aspx> Member
Hampshire FA Inclusion Advisory Group
* Southampton Solent UniversityBusiness, Sport and Enterprise | Room RM204B | East Park TerraceSouthampton | Hampshire | SO14 0YN
* +44 (0)23 8031 9398 <tel:+44%20(0)113%2081%2023715> (Ext. 3398)
* [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Follow my Work at: http://solent.academia.edu/StefanLawrence
Follow my Tweets at: http://www.twitter.com/stefanolawrence
Follow my Blog: http://stefanlawrence.wordpress.com<http://stefanlawrence.wordpress.com/>

[LMCFR]<http://www.solent.ac.uk/business-community/lmcfr/home.aspx>