Friends,

As you know, the deadline for the SCSC in beautiful Vancouver is fast approaching and, as usual, I write (somewhat belatedly I’m afraid!)  to invite abstracts/papers for The Spenser Roundtable. This year, our theme is “Spenser’s Natures: Reconsidering the Poetics of Place” — a topic that’s a nod to the upcoming international conference in Dublin and on-going conversations at the MLA, RSA and SCSC. As always a range of themes, topics and approaches is very welcome; if I have enough exciting abstracts, I am happy to arrange them into panels too, so please do contact me if you’ve been thinking about something for the SCSC on Spenser but have not managed to send anything in yet!

Here’s a more detailed description of our topic:

The Spenser Roundtable 2015

Spenser’s Natures: Reconsidering the Poetics of Place

How does Spenser engage and create a poetics of place? And how does the question of place connect to Spenser’s evocations of the natural world --rivers, trees, animals, satyrs, mountains, islands etc – at large? How might we even begin to theorize “Spenser’s Natures”? Drawing on recent conferences and conversations around an “Eco-Spenser” and Spenser’s Place(s), the roundtable this year hopes to bring together various strands of criticism associated with this topic. Reflections on pastoral, place/space, nature/culture are welcome, as are interventions from theoretical approaches including animal studies, post humanism, queer theory, and ecofeminism.

Please send me an abstract by Monday, 13 April (or before!) at [log in to unmask]

I look forward to hearing from many of you!
All best wishes,
Ayesha

--
Ayesha Ramachandran