Dr Colleen McKenna
Researcher and Partner
HEDERA (Higher Education Development, Evaluation and Research)

On 30 Apr 2015, at 11:09, David Mathew <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Facebook is useful in the sense that it will already be familiar to most students, so you've overcome one potential obstacle straight away. It might be perceived as a bit 'old hat' these days by many students, but there won't be much difficulty in asking them to learn a new technology, for example.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BLAND TOMKINSON
Sent: 30 April 2015 09:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Facebook for pre-induction and induction activities

I have always taken the view that I start with what I want to achieve and then find the appropriate means to deliver it.  Facebook has never been the resultant approach in this sort of situation (though other online delivery has).  This sounds like putting carts before horses.

Sincerely

Bland

C Bland Tomkinson BSc BA MEd PFHEA FAUA
Visiting Lecturer, University of Manchester Special Consultant, South East University, Nanjing Associate Editor, HERD