Dear Colleagues,

At Southampton Solent University we are developing some enhancement services to complement existing processes of course review and, as part of that, we are conducting a short survey into the ways that different universities respond when individual units are identified as being exceptional in terms of pass rates or student performance in assessment.  A link to this survey is provided below and we would be both interested and grateful to hear from anyone who can provide any insights into relevant processes/activities.

Please don't feel that you need to have a complete or detailed understanding of relevant policies or procedures, like us you may be only directly involved at certain stages.  Please also consider taking part even if you are sure that no such process exists, we are keen to capture this and the survey will be very brief for you.

Finally, please also be assured that the survey can be taken anonymously and without disclosing your institution.  We do ask individuals for contact details if they are prepared to help us understand effective practice more completely, but this is entirely optional.

http://educ.sphinxonline.net/v4/s/kujgxe

All the best,

Dave.

Dr David Barber
Curriculum Teaching and Learning Developer
Southampton Solent University