I would echo Kenji’s comments about the Viewpoints cards, which are excellent for getting people to think about the principles which will underpin their course design .

The cards Penny mentioned work well when working with mixed groups of students and staff when people are at the stage of planning the delivery. Again, they are good for starting conversations. We often use them in conjunction with these resources on assessment types  (each individual type has a downloadable PDF version http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/assessment/design/types.php - for instance, people can choose a type of assessment and then think about how best to design the course to support that assignment.

Rachel

R Forsyth BSc MBA PhD SFHEA

cid:image001.png@01CF36D1.C0BC3BA0

1st Floor, All Saints

Manchester Metropolitan University

Manchester M15 6BG

+44 (0) 161 247 1128

rachel.forsyth (Skype)

@rmforsyth (Twitter)

http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/

Proud winner of an MMUnion Teaching Award 2014