Hello

(Apologies for any cross-posting)

I'm investigating provision in the sector of introductory courses for academic staff on learning and teaching in HE / academic practice, and would welcome information from anyone willing to share about what your institution does.

I'm interested to know about courses, workshops or awards which are offered which are not full PGCertHE or PGCAP programmes (though might be comprised of parts of these), which can be taken as a stand-alone introduction or induction (perhaps for part-time, HPT staff and/or PGR).

My key questions are:
- who is this provision aimed at/offered to?
- what kind of time-commitment is there for participants?
- does it carry credits?  (how many, what level?)
- does it lead to a recognised award, or an institutional award/certificate?
- is it HEA or SEDA accredited?
- is there progression from this into a PGCertHE / PGCAP?

I'll be happy to share the info. I collate in return.

thanks v much

Sally

Educational Development Unit
University of Greenwich