Bidding for Research Funds

Masterclass 18th- 22nd May for potential research high flyers (just four places left)

Join our ground-breaking intensive four-day programme to enable up to 12 aspiring academic staff to convert ideas into a fundable research bid.

John Wakeford, Robert Crawshaw and Sarah Andrew provide individual coaching and critiques of participants’ successive drafts.

·      Identifying sources of funds

·      Gaining insights from successful bids, reviews and feedback

·      The craft of bid writing

·      Demonstrating impact

·      Responding to referee reports

·      Redrafting

·      Public engagement

'Incredibly valuable' Gabriel Reedy, KCL, May 2014

'Extremely useful' Nicola Abbott, Canterbury Christ Church University, May 2014

Residential at Missenden Abbey : 18th – 22nd May 2015

£1500 (+ en-suite accommodation £360 + vat)

http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/masterclasses.html

2.

Workshop: how to make successful bids for research funds

A repeat of our successful and popular hands-on programme with one-to-one tuition for academic and support staff.

Come to Missenden Abbey for two days and find out how to write bids that will obtain research funding.

·      Bring an example of a failed or embryonic bid and discover how to turn it into a fundable proposal.

Tutors: John Wakeford and Robert Crawshaw

Residential, 18th and 19th June 2015

£490 (+en-suite accommodation £78 +vat)

http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/researchgrants.html

John Wakeford