We are currently reviewing our support staff probation procedures for our more senior support staff - Grade 5 and above (Academic and Related staff/ Professional services staff), here these staff typically have a 12 month probationary period.  I'm particularly keen to find out the following:

1.       What process do you have for confirming these people in post e.g a panel or if it's another process what do you do?

2.       If you do have a panel how often does it meet? How do you deal with probationers who fall outside of these timings? i.e do you set a window that the panel will consider reports 8-10 months into employment?

3.       How many review meetings are in your process? Are all reports seen centrally somewhere either HRS/ Panel or elsewhere or just the later report?

4.       Do you have any checks in the process to confirm performance is still meeting required standards before the individual is confirmed in post?

5.       Do you link your probation scheme to other institutional frameworks e.g a competency framework. If yes, what do you link it to?

6.       How much detail do you require to be given on the probation form e.g specific examples of performance both positive and negative? Or do you have a yes/no tick box?

If you're willing to share your scheme and process I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks

Fleur

Fleur Dulude
HR Manager (Learning and Development)
Ashby House
Chelmsford.

Tel 0845 196 4795

Alternatively Jane Hay HR Manager (Learning and Development) 0845 196 5904

Click for details of our Work Shadowing<http://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/includes/download.php?filen=Workshadowing%20Scheme.doc&rt=eWVz&dir=L3Zhci9kYXRhL3dlYi9odGRvY3MvaHIvc3RhZmZhcmVhL2ZpbGVzL2ZpbGVzL3N0YWZmLw==&dbn=ZmlsZXNfaHI=> scheme.

Dates for our Corporate Staff Training & Development for 2014/15 Academic Year are now available on our A-Z List<http://web.anglia.ac.uk/hr/training/browse/list.html>. Bookings are now made via the self-service system: https://agrweb.anglia.ac.uk/Agresso.

P please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

--

In the official 2014 government assessment of our research the following 12 areas were found to have world-leading research: Allied Health Professions; Architecture & Built Environment; Art & Design; Business & Management Studies; Communication, Cultural & Media Studies; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Law; Music, Drama & Dance; Psychology; and Social Work & Social Policy.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named
recipient(s)only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and
then immediately delete the e-mail from your system. Any opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.
Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing
practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which
may not be a 100% secure communications