Fyi for those listers with a toe dipped in the archival world...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harris, Tim <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 30 March 2015 at 09:15
Subject: International Archives Day 2015
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear colleagues

On behalf of the International Council on Archives I would like to draw your attention to this year’s celebration of International Archives Day on
9 June 2015 and invite you to join in with this year’s activities.

Join the celebration of International Archives Day 2015 and promote your
archive service!

All around the world archivists will unite on 9th June 2015 to celebrate the
significance and achievements of our profession. Send us a copy of a
document drawn from your collections which shows the locality served by your
archive service; tell us about the image and, if you wish, provide us with a
short message and the web address of your archive. The section for local,
municipal and territorial archives of the International Council on Archives
has prepared a site to display all the images and messages sent to us

To see what we did in 2014 go to: www.internationalarchivesday.org .
In June 2014 the site received 1566845 hits and 15875 visits.
We hope that IAD 2015 will be bigger and better with your help!

To participate, please send a jpeg image (max 800x800 px) of your chosen
document, together with a short description of it in your own language by
the 30th May 2015 to: [log in to unmask]. If you offered an image in
2014, why not add a second one for 2015 – the website will accommodate a
growing number of images over the years to come?

Like our Facebook page at:

Follow us @ICArchiv #IAD15

We look forward to sharing your treasures with colleagues everywhere in the
world. Happy International Archives Day!

With best wishes

Tim Harris
Secretary of ICA/SLMT
Head of Access and Buildings
Culture, Heritage and Libraries Department
City of London
London Metropolitan Archives
40 Northampton Road
London   EC1R 0HB
United Kingdom
tel  +44 (0) 2073323841   fax  +44 (0) 2078374306

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma

Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Flickr
Find us on Facebook

Help save paper - do you need to print this email?

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]