Sent on behalf of Helen Baldock ([log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask])

Incidentally I'm very pleased with IChemE's job page and the shorter link www.icheme.org/jobs. The 'real' location of the page is http://www.icheme.org/about_us/working_for_us/current_vacancies.aspx but I have always thought that putting your vacancies wherever you like but making sure that "homepage.com/jobs" always points to it is an extremely good idea. That way visitors can just add /jobs to the homepage address to see what might be on offer.

Jo (psci-com owner)

Campaign manager

Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3HQ, UK

Salary: circa £30k per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits

The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) is the global membership organisation for chemical and process engineers with a membership approaching 42,000 members in 120+ countries. We are the only organisation licensed to award Chartered Chemical Engineer and Professional Process Safety Engineer status with offices in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand and the UK.

We are recruiting an experienced public relations practitioner to lead our communication team. Reporting to the director of policy and communication, the successful candidate will develop and deliver effective campaigns in support of our Chemical Engineering Matters initiative.

You will be educated to degree level or equivalent with proven experience of planning, leading and delivering public relations campaigns. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of building productive collaborations and relationships.

If you are a great communicator with a shrewd understanding of the modern media landscape and proven ability to translate complex technical issues into everyday language, we’d like to hear from you.

Previous management and budget responsibility is essential.

Key responsibilities of the role include:

Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. The position is based at our Rugby, UK office, although some occasional travel may be required within the UK. Only applicants eligible to work in the UK will be considered.

This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week.

Starting salary is circa £30k per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits, which include a generous pension scheme and flexitime. Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.

To apply; please provide a CV and a compelling cover letter telling us how you would spread the message: chemical engineering matters. To request a copy of the full job description or to formally apply for the position, please email: [log in to unmask]

(Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed)

The closing date for all applications is Friday 1 May 2015.

For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE, visit www.icheme.org/jobs

--
Jo Brodie

Public Engagement Coordinator, CHI+MED
http://www.chi-med.ac.uk/
@chi_med

Project Manager, Teaching London Computing
http://teachinglondoncomputing.org
@TeachingLDNComp

School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
CS413, Peter Landin Building,
Queen Mary, University of London
10 Godward Square
LONDON
E1 4FZ

Email: [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com