Do not confuse Christians in Science with Christian Science and the Church of Christ, Scientist.

MK

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lee Turnpenny
Sent: 31 March 2015 22:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Vacancy - Executive Officer

'developing ministry' ?

Ah, flush with Templeton money.

Lee

 <http://www.leeturnpenny.com> www.leeturnpenny.com

On 30 March 2015 at 17:43, Diana Briggs <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> > wrote:

Please may I advertise the following position.

Many thanks,

Diana Briggs

Vacancy - Executive Officer

Christians in Science (www.cis.org.uk <http://www.cis.org.uk> ) is a registered charity and international network of those concerned with the relationship between science and Christian faith.

As part of our developing ministry, we are seeking to appoint a full time Executive Officer to carry out the financial and administrative work of CiS and to provide administrative assistance in organising new projects and events. The role will involve liaising with CiS members, providing support for student and local CiS groups, communicating with and supporting the wider church community and senior scientists, managing the website and producing publicity materials.

The successful candidate will have a background in science to graduate level or higher, be in sympathy with the aims and purposes of Christians in Science and have an appreciation of the post’s usefulness.  Excellent personal skills, good organisational and time-management skills, good IT skills and a high level of literacy and numeracy are essential, while experience of book-keeping, desktop publishing, familiarity with social media, events management and website management would be an advantage. The salary will be in the region of £27-29K, depending on qualifications and experience. Location is negotiable.

Further details can be obtained from Dr Diana Briggs ( <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]). For an informal discussion of the post, please contact Professor Andrew Halestrap ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> , tel. 0117 9732020). Applications should be sent to Dr Briggs by 9.00 am on May 4th and should consist of a CV, the names and contact details of three referees, and a covering letter explaining briefly why you feel you are suited to the post. We intend to interview week beginning May 18th.

--

From
Dr Diana Briggs

"exploring God’s work in creation…encouraging concern for the environment…applying biblical principles to science & technology"

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com